Friday, May 13, 2011

My daily prayer

Dear YHWH (also known as "Jehovah", "I am", "Creator", "Heavenly Father", "Holy God Almighty")

May my threshold of coping skills run high and wide so that in the effort to take care of myself there is no harm done to others. Help me to be gracious with others when I am injured by them.

Navigate me away from people that cause division, hurt my spirit, or cause my soul to need excessive nurturing. Wither away my rooted bitterness and replace it with the sweetness of your grace.

Place encouraging words in my mind and heart to speak to others because I know you will hold me accountable for careless words spoken and it will grieve me. Wrap your arms around myself and my loved ones keeping us from evil and comforting us when our expectations are not met by circumstances or others. May we always have enough to keep us from temptation of thoughts or actions outside your good will.

Guide my passion as I leave no stone unturned searching for the things wanted out of life with my precious partner that you have so carefully chosen to be my lover and my best friend. Keep us as iron sharpens iron to become the loving force that builds up a safe haven for one another and protects those who gather around us.

When I experience anger, show me how to exercise it's gift to take care of myself with deliberate cautious action and while practicing this art of selfishness help direct me through clear meditation and with intent to center myself in your precious universe with the plan you have for me so that I experience your rewards as I seek truth in your likeness.

Continue to give me peace and a love of the understanding of other points of view as discussion and debate grow me in wisdom of all kinds.

Give me joy that causes me to smile my goofy grin from ear to ear as I journey through this life.

May I never think that I am beyond the need to seek wise counsel nor need not your guiding hand.

Thank you for never leaving me alone, for binding up my broken heart, and healing my woundedness. Thank you for seeing only your precious son on my right side as I enter your presence. In Jesus precious name. Amen!

No comments: